Friday, March 04, 2005

Surprisingly, I Remain the Only One on the Internet to Ever Call Stephen J Hadley a Butt-Monkey!

At least according to Google. I am so proud but, at the same time, disappointed.

I'm proud because a google ranking like this show that I am operating on the bleeding edge of our political discourse. Swept up in the dishonesty fueled madness of our widening gyre, circling with those lost falcons of the crumbling American dream and calling, calling out that I have seen the morning-star on the horizon and that by it's pale light a rough beast is slouching toward that Bethlehem where the last of our better angels huddle so unprepared...

It makes me feel like my hero, Hunter S. Thompson, only less stoned.

But I'm disappointed because I started this blog in the hope of playing the role of meme slayer. Yes I had hoped that I could harness the awesome power of the six people who read this blog and turn that power into a mighty engine of meme crushing destruction. But clearly I have failed here because I remain, after five months, the only person on the internet who has ever called Stephen J. Hadley a Butt-Monkey!

For this I have no one to blame but you, the reader. Would it have killed any of you to occasionally wander by the office water cooler and whisper into a few co-workers ears
"Dude, Stephen J. Hadley, butt-monkey. Think about it."?
Is a brief scholarly article ,published in a wonky influential political journal, explaining the colossal butt-monkeyness of our national security adviser to much too ask? Are a few letters to the editor out of the question here? Come on people.
Where is the love,
Where is the love,
Where is the love?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home